TLCC Therapists are trained and available to help you or a love one move towards wellness!!
Mental disorders are common in the United States based on research that indicate 1 in 5 adults in America experiences a mental illness and can affect persons of any age, race, religion, or income (2015, NAMI.org). Just as diabetes is a disorder of the pancreas, mental illnesses are medical conditions that often result in a diminished capacity for coping with the ordinary demands of life. In other words, it can affect how you think, feel, and act. Importantly, mental illnesses are not the result of personal weakness, lack of character, or poor upbringing.
The good news about mental illness is that recovery is possible! Mental illnesses are treatable. Most people diagnosed with a serious mental illness can experience relief from their symptoms by actively participating in an individual and/or family treatment plan. Recovery from serious mental illness is also possible for most and all individuals can move towards wellness! Recovery, however, should be a holistic process and Hope for Recovery should be reflected in all strengths-based treatments, services, and supports received. TLCC therapeutic programs and services are developed to help that holistic process of recovery!!
Experiencing one or more of the following feelings or behaviors may suggest that you or your love one needs mental health therapeutic treatment.
- Eating or sleeping too much or too little
- Pulling away from people and usual activities
- Having low or no energy
- Feeling numb or like nothing matters
- Having unexplained aches and pains
- Feeling helpless or hopeless
- Smoking, drinking, or using drugs more than usual
- Feeling unusually confused, forgetful, on edge, angry, upset, worried, or scared
- Yelling or fighting with family and friends
- Experiencing severe mood swings that cause problems in relationships
- Having persistent thoughts and memories
- Hearing voices or believing things that are not true
- Thinking of harming oneself or others
- Inability to perform daily tasks